We are hosting a poster contest to help build community awareness about the dangers of abusing/misusing prescription drugs.
Subject: "Natural High" - What Keeps You Substance Free?
Qualifications: All students grades 6-12
Submission Deadline: February 29, 2012
Winners Announced: By March 31st, 2012
- All entries become the property of the National Collation Against Prescription Drug Abuse (NCAPDA) and may be used in whole or in part by the NCAPDA at its discretion.
- By entering the contest, all entrants agree to permit the use of name and other personal information for publicity and further agree that the NCAPDA has a universal, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display and exhibit the poster without payment or further consent.
- All participants additionally grant the NCAPDA all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, all copyrights and exploitation rights in any media of the poster without payment or further consent.
- The poster may not depict any trademarks or copyrighted materials, logos or brand names (other than NCAPDA).
- By submitting the poster, the entrant represents that: 1) the poster and everything depicted in it are wholly original to this contest and do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity; 2) he/she has all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the poster in the contest in accordance with these terms and conditions; and 3) no person/entity other than the entrant has any right, title or arrangement to the poster.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees that the NCAPDA may post the poster, or any part thereof, on the NCAPDA Web site, Facebook and for any other purpose.
- The entrant agrees that the NCAPDA has the right to modify, edit and/or adapt the poster as necessary as well as to reproduce it, in whole or in part, without compensation or further notice to the entrant.
- The opinions expressed in the poster submissions are solely the opinions of the entrant and not those of the NCAPDA. The NCAPDA is not responsible for any poster provided by entrants that are deemed harmful or offensive to others.
- The contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- The National Collation Against Prescription Drug Abuse (NCAPDA) is not liable for any injuries on the participant’s part during the development of the poster, for broken equipment or material and services purchased to produce the submission. Participant assumes all responsibility for damages, injuries and cost.
- Each participant must be a student currently attending school in grades 6-8 or 9-12 at the time the poster is submitted to the NCAPDA for judging.
- Contest participants in both grade categories (6-8) and (9-12) can submit up to three individual posters for judging but are only eligible to win one prize.
- Contest winners must agree to relinquish their original posters to the NCAPDA upon request.
Posters can be created using any media, including digital, photography or hand drawn artwork.
Important: Posters must depict the words “My Natural High” somewhere on the poster.
If poster was created using non-digital media, take a photograph of the poster and send it as a JPEG file.
If poster was created using digital media, save and send it as a JPEG file.
Include the following in the body of your e-mail message:
Grade in School
City and State
Read through all of the contest rules and also include the following statement in the body of your e-mail message: “I have read and fully understand all of the contest rules”.
Summary: Provide the information requested above in the body of your e-mail message, along with an attached JPEG file that is a digital representation of your poster.
Submission Deadline: Entries must be received by the NCAPDA by February 29, 2012
Posters will be judged based on originality, creativity and how well they visually describe what type of “natural high” motivates them to stay substance free. A total of six cash prizes will be awarded. The top 3 posters from each grade category (6-8) and (9-12) selected by our judging panel will be awarded the following prizes:
1st place: $150
2nd place: $100
3rd place: $50
Judging will be completed by March 25, 2012 and winners will be notified by March 31, 2012.